What is chemistry?
Chemistry is the science that deals with the properties, composition, and structure of substances, the transformations and reactions they undergo, and the energy that is released or absorbed during these processes.
Why use microwaves in chemistry?
Microwave heatings unique properties, such as selective heating and volumetric heating, can be used to enhance many different aspects of chemistry including but not limited to:
- Different reaction selectivity
- Enhanced enzymatic activity
- Milder reaction conditions
- Increased or faster yield
- Reaction rate acceleration