Hemp and Cannabis
Drying freshly harvested hemp has been a vexing problem for large scale CBD processors. Traditional drying systems are not well suited for hemp because of high drying temperatures or slow process rates. Microwave dryers have been used for many years to dry fresh herbs and botanicals on a large scale. Cellencor has tailored this technology to the specific requirements of high volume CBD processing.
Benefits of Microwave Drying Systems
- Speed: Like your home microwave oven, microwave drying is much faster than any other method
- Low Temperature Drying: Because microwave energy selectively targets water molecules, the temperature of the hemp during drying remains at about 120⁰ F. This protects the natural qualities of the terpenes and other essential molecules. CDB levels are not reduced.
- Uniformity: The mixing action of the dryer assures highly uniform moisture content of the dried hemp.
- Consistency: Advanced sensors and sophisticated computer control assures uniformity from batch to batch, even with varying composition and moisture content of the raw hemp input.
- Scalability: Systems are configurable with a wide range of process capacities.
- Ease of Operation: Operation is fully automatic with simple operator controls.
- Efficiency: Microwave dryer typically are much more energy efficient than convection and steam dryers.
- All Electric: Powered by 480 VAC electric power, no natural gas is needed. Can be powered by diesel generator sets for remote sites.
- Green: Can be significantly more environmentally friendly then other drying methods because combustion is not needed. Your line power can be as high as 50-75% renewable in some locations.